Monday, July 13, 2009

Breakfast Burritos

I'll be posting this week about our recent trip to Vermont.

The first thing I wanted to share is something everyone else may know about but I just discovered: homemade breakfast burritos.

I've been aware of the ones you can get at McDonald's for a long time, but never bothered to try them (when I was eating meat the lure of the Egg McMuffin was too much for me and now I don't go to McD's very much).

I didn't photograph our breakfast burritos, they look pretty much like a burrito but with egg in them. In Vermont ours consisted of a single layer of egg, cooked omelet style, topped with sliced fresh peppers and tomatoes, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and a few dabs of sriracha sauce.

The ones we had this morning were essentially the same but without tomatoes and with a little onion. I've been known to eat nothing but different types of burritos for dinner for an entire week, so I'm quite excited to have the option to have nothing but burritos for breakfast as well.

No comments: