Thursday, January 28, 2010

An Ode to Salsa

First, I want to apologize for abandoning this blog for a number of months. I'll try to better. I still love food (and eat it every day), so I'll try to share some thoughts with my loyal readers more often about the foods I love.

My newest obsession: salsa! Homemade or store bought, this stuff is just so damn versatile. I of course have salsa nearly every week with burritos but pretty much relegated it to that.

What changed my opinion about salsa? The opening of a Trader Joe's near my house.

First there was the 3 pepper salsa. The Jar and I love this salsa in a grilled cheese sandwich (with sprouts too if we have any on hand).

Now I've discovered the garlic chipotle salsa, a deliciously thin and flavorful concoction. As soon as I opened it last night I knew it would be delicious in so much more than burritos. I enjoyed a few spoonfuls today in some leftover three bean soup. Delicious!

How many other ways can I incorporate more salsa into my diet? (Probably not the healthiest goal.) Feel free to leave suggestions in the comments or tell me about any of your favorite salsas...

2 comments:

The Jar said...

Why use toothpaste when you can use salsa.

The Jar said...

Try throwing salsa out the window together.